Thursday, February 9, 2017

Immigration questions online free from Gabriel Krikunetc

Does my wife need to update her name on her green card before filing an I-130 for me (husband/spouse)?

I myself am a foreign national who married my wife who is a US permanent resident. We got married in the usa and she took my surname upon marriage. (1.) Does my wife, as the I130 petitioner, need to submit an application for a brand new permanent resident card with her surname that is updated before filing the I-130 or will our US marriage certificate suffice? (2.) Also, she's 3 middle names (Example: Jane Alexandria Victoria Elizabeth Doe). Her permanent resident card has all her old names; yet, our marriage certificate just has her first name, first middle name, second middle name initial and my new surname (Example: Jane Alexandria V Thomas). Which name should she comprise on the I-130 in accordance with my first question? Thank you.
A: Immigration law is changing almost daily now and it's unwise to put it charitably to attempt to represent yourself in an immigration matter. Only an Immigration attorney has the expertise to properly fill out immigration forms and put together the appropriate bundle of records and other evidence to support the immigration gains you're trying to get. Yet, especially in these troubled times, you really have to keep an immigration lawyer. This is not a do-it-yourself project! You must focus on keeping experienced immigration counsel, especially now that immigration is a whole lot more prohibitive since Trump is now President.

How can I protect my illegal husband of 20 years from deportation? I'm a US born citizen and we have 3 children.

He entered before we married and got found, so he'd orders. He voluntarily left, but came back 18 months later, after we married, and was not found the second time. He has no criminal record other than a seatbelt ticket. Our kids are ages 19, 15, and 12. He does not have any visa. How can he get legalized without having to leave? We've been married 20 years. I am scared for him. Will someone please answer me? A: Consider contacting legal counsel for a consultation. Situations like this are highly fact specific. It's hard to figure out without more info, although there could possibly be a means to assist your husband. I 'm US citizen who married my wife in Jamaica. What exactly is the best alternative to bring my wife to the USA? Affordable lawyers? What exactly is the avg. fee rate from beginning to end? To comprehend the procedure. Is the green card just like partner visa? Is there any who applied for Visa has the procedure slowed down because of Trump's new executive order?
A: The Trump EO should not slow down the processing of the I-130 petition for a Jamaican citizen. Best way to evaluate your wife's situation is always request price quotes during the consult and to discuss in a consultation setting with numerous solicitors. Many immigration lawyers offer free consultations. Decide the one you feel most comfortable with and preferably who is an AILA member (American Immigration Lawyers Association).

LPR documents requirement when travel outside U.S.

My mom is LPR, and she intends to travel outside U.S. in this summer. After reading the document "Traveling outside of the U.S. - Files needed for Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR)/Green Card holders" on U.S. Customs and Border Protection web site. it says," Foreign nationals who have applied for permanent residency may need to be approved for advance parole prior to traveling out of the U.S. In order to be readmitted when traveling back to the U.S. (H1, H4, L1, L2, K3, K4 or V2, V3 holders don't need advance parole to travel abroad after applying to adjust status." I wonder, does my mom should file parole prior in advance to be able to be readmitted when traveling back to the U.S. ? Another concern, her green card will expire on March 2018. Is she ok to travel outside U.S. in December? As an LPR, how long can she remain outside U.S.? How many days can she remain outside U.S. if she travels multiple times during a year? Thank you in advance for your response
A: For all of the specifics either contact an immigration lawyer or go to the USCIS office in Denver (schedule a meeting online since they do not meet non-scheduled parties). A lawyer will charge a fee and also the USCIS WOn't charge you (but you will need to wait). Complex parole is for those who are applying for PR standing, but haven't been given proper PR acceptance. In other words, provided the green card continues to be valid advanced parole is not normally needed.Within the boundaries of "temporary" traveling, there aren't any restrictions of how many times a permanent resident leaves the US, provided that they still meet the minimal period of time in the US required to maintain the PR standing (i.e. 6 months or longer outside the US can result in LPR desertion).For the details of PR requirements review the PR application directions. The USCIS webpage should also have this info accessible.Determined by when your mother is outside the US and when she files for a renewal an advanced parole might be required.Finally, remember a valid foreign passport AND a legal green card are required to leave and reenter the US for green card holders.
Immigration Law Questions & Answers :: Justia Ask a Lawyer

I have my green card and want to apply for my Citizenship but I have a juvenile record will I get denied automatically?

A: Not automatically. However, you ought to work with an immigration lawyer to find out whether the criminal record is debatable for naturalization. It depends upon the crime.

Can I file I-130 for my 15 year-old daughter whose mother is not my legal wife?

I'm a US citizen. I 've a 15 year-old daughter who was born in Hong Kong. Her mom is not my legal wife. Can I bring her into the USA for permanent residency?
A: Yes. For her to get a green card so long as she is your biological daughter under the age of 21, you can file. She is going to likely derive citizenship from you below the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 as long as you've shared legal custody, if she enters the USA before the age of 18. If not, until she's qualified to file for naturalization on her own, she'd continue to be permanent resident. Consider working with an attorney to sort this out.
Real estate lawyer

I won a green card through Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. My question is do I have to maintain my F1 status?

I am student that is F1. I acquired a green card through Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. My question is do I have to maintain my F1 status while looking forward to my Interview?
A: YES! While living in the united states you should always maintain standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment